I’ve gotten into motherhood not long ago – my eldest being just 5 years old – and now, I’ve moved on to grannyhood! No, I don’t have a grandchild. What I do have is an addiction for crocheting 🙂 I’ve scoured the internet for projects – ambitious or otherwise – free patterns and materials – crochet hooks and yarns. Unfortunately, since crocheting is not very popular here in the Philippines, I haven’t come across online suppliers that are selling other yarns that are not available in the malls. Moreover, the materials are not readily available anywhere. But, just like my past addictions (bead-making and scrapbooking), I’ve left no stone unturned looking for the cheapest prices and widest selections of yarn.
Here are my findings:
1. Heavenly Stitch (@ most SM Malls) – thy carry Cannon brand (by Coats) for 55 Php solid color and 65 Php multicolor; around 15 colors in the SM North Edsa branch. They also have the hairy yarn – Familia brand and Red Heart yarn – for about 20 php to 30 php. I’m not too sure how many colors there are for the hairy yarn because I’m not interested in them.
2. Notions at SM Department Store. Monaco and Cannon – 52.75Php for the solid color yarn and 59.75 Php for the multicolor. About 25 colors for Monaco and 7 for Cannon at SM North Edsa
3. Expressions (selected branches; Ever Gotesco Commonwealth) – 62-65Php.; about 10 colors
4. Cherry Fooderama (Congressional) – 41.75 Php for solid color, not sure about multicolored. They have both Monaco – about 20 colors – and Cannon – about 5 colors
5. Kamuning Market (Del’s stall) – my personal favorite! 38Php for solid, 40 Php for multicolored; 35 Php for wholesale (3 or more pcs). About 35 colors for Monaco! 10 colors for Cannon. They have Anchor also but very limited and lots of Monaco Acrylic yarn (hairy type).
Need I say more for my favorite???
To add to the list:
6. Johanna’s Threadmart (Visayas avenue, near Tandang Sora) sells the Monaco balls at Php 30.50! And the selection is wide – 40-50 colors.