So its’s September already and my son has been going to Ateneo for 3 months now. It seems to me he’s adjusted and doing fairly well – better than we expected :p We have also adjusted and learned a few things along the way:
- 6 am is not a bad time to drop off your son. If you think, it’s too early… it’s NOT. A lot of kids are there by 6am!
- expect homework everyday!
- but doing HW everyday lessens the intensity for which you have to review for exams – which is a good thing, right?
- check your son’s PALS and GLTP folder and sign your QCs! –> what do these mean? you’ll find out 🙂
- snacks should be placed in reusable food containers.
- have extra nameplates and level patches made and in stock. They wear their khaki uniform 3x a week, so have 4-5 pieces done in case they lose their uniform or bring home someone else’s uniform – yes it has happened in the span of 3 months.
- buy pants that are 2-3 inches longer so you can adjust mid-year
- pencils and erasers will get lost, crayons diminish over time so have extras in stock